My fellow Talisian Ian Davis tagged me over on his blog, so here’s five things you might not already know about me.
- I’ve been playing Chess since I was around 5 years old. Even won a few competitions when I was younger. Although I don’t play as much as I would like I do often play online on ChessBase or try to solve those irritating Chess problems you see in newspapers, and I think I spend too much time playing and loosing against Fritz!
- Mixed Martial Arts takes up a lot of my time. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea and some people have strong views against it as a sport but I love it, and it’s provided me with an outlet as well as inspiration at various stages of my life.
- I love reading. Anything from technical works, blogs to the classics and even comics. I’m a huge Sci-Fi fan and whilst I enjoy reading contemporary sci-fi I’m going through a phase where I’m reading many older works, I currently have a particular affinity with the works of Theodore Sturgeon as well as Isaac Asimov’s earlier writings. I even started writing my own story, it’s something I keep revisiting from time to time.
- Of all the places on earth I’ve visited I think Cape Town is still the most beautiful, it always feels as though I’ve left a part of me there … but that’s a whole different story 😉
- I struggle within myself to constantly evaluate and challenge the things I think I believe in … possibly in a futile attempt to try and better understand who I am, who I want to be and my place in this world … not sure how good I am at it but it doesn’t half complicate things.
I don’t really have five friends who blog, and since all the other Talisian’s have either been tagged by Ian or Rob, I’m going to tag the following friends: